We're a quickly growing company and looking to hire great talent to join our team. We are VC-funded and lead by experienced professionals . We work hard, but keep level-heads. Our office is right in the heart of downtown Northampton, just a 3 minute walk from the bus stop.
Here are our current openings:
MachineMetrics is a startup with offices in Boston and Northampton, Massachusetts providing manufacturing data infrastructure for production analytics, machine learning, and predictive applications. MachineMetrics simplifies the process of connecting manufacturing equipment and ingesting that data so that customers can quickly and easily discover ways to improve process and be notified of issues before they become costly problems.
MachineMetrics is seeking a data scientist to discover new ways to look at the information being collected and design solutions that address customer needs, including large scale anomaly detection, automatic optimization, and other methods. The company is committed to building an inclusive culture that emphasizes intellectual curiosity and mutual respect. Lead by a team of experienced manufacturers, software engineers, and designers, MachineMetrics is backed by top Boston VCs.
The position is based in either Boston or Northampton.
Work with customers to learn about their process and discover potential opportunities where data can be utilized to solve problems
Collaborate with infrastructure team on feature requirements and product roadmap
Apply tried and true machine learning techniques to build predictive models that can be incorporated into the product
At least 3 years of experience with a modern data science stack
Experienced self-starter and motivated to work on greenfield projects
Experience with time-series predictions
Working knowledge of dynamic programming, reinforcement learning, change-point detection, signal processing
Desire to work with customers on solving real-world problems
Strong written communications skills
Ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and a Master’s degree in Data Science.
For Boston candidates: Some periodic travel to the Northampton office may be required.
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Data Scientist.”
Senior Sales Executive
MachineMetrics is looking for a Senior Sales Executive. MachineMetrics was founded by a small group of manufacturing and software professionals that couldn’t sit still and are obsessed with making an incredible product. Through our machine monitoring platform, we will make factory floors more productive and efficient.
Our work environment is busy, non-political, and comfortable. People that do well here are able to self-manage but aren’t afraid to reach out for guidance. Our team is committed to making an awesome product that will help our customers see serious improvements.
The Senior Sales Executive will sell consultatively to meet annual sales targets and objectives, supported by a nimble Marketing department and well-versed Customer Success group.
Specific functions include, but are not limited to:
- Prospecting and reaching out to new prospective customers, understand their pain points, and assess their readiness to buy
- Respond to inbound Sales Qualified Leads (SQLs) generated from our marketing team
- Expertly demonstrate the products
- Organize and communicate the details of customer orders internally, preparing quotes and contracts
- Actively use and update the Sales CRM
- Attend trade shows
Manufacturing sales experience (technology preferred) is required. Ideal candidate has 5+ years industry experience. The Senior Sales Executive will possess strong, professional communication and presentation skills. This motivated individual should have experience with Google Suite and Hubspot. This position requires occasional travel. A valid driver’s license is required. Must be legally authorized to work in the US. Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with "Sr Sales Exec" in the subject line.
Business Development Representative
MachineMetrics is looking for a Business Development Representative to seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers. This is an entry-level position perfect for someone early in their sales career who is hungry, ambitious, intelligent, and high energy.
To be successful in this role, you will use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with prospects and to assist Account Executives with closing business. If you are motivated and results-driven, and enjoy working in a team environment, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will boost sales and contribute to our long-term business growth.
- Research and prequalify new manufacturers to build your pipeline
- Identify decision-makers and key influencers to speak with
- Call prospects to engage in conversations designed to discover sales opportunities and describe the MachineMetrics value proposition
- Gain commitments to attend a brief web-based product demo/meeting or another call to action
- Work closely and collaboratively with Account Executives to target key contacts at strategic accounts
- Achieve or exceed monthly individual and team goals
- Diligently log all activity into Hubspot, our CRM Platform
- 0-5yrs of professional sales experience
- Some experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- A technology enthusiast, able to learn any modern software system including the Google Suite, Hubspot.
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
- BS degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communication or relevant field
- Occasional travel, must have a valid US Driver’s License
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "BDR."