MachineMetrics has simplified Industrial IoT for the factory floor with a predictive analytics platform for manufacturers. By providing machine connectivity, production visibility, and deep analytics, MachineMetrics is helping manufacturers make proactive business decisions that drive manufacturing efficiency by more than 20%. MachineMetrics is award winning, having been named "Smart Manufacturing Solution of the year 2018" by the IoT Breakthrough awards, and is a recipient of the 2018 NextGEN Award from the Massachusetts Technology Collaborative.
We're a quickly growing company and looking to hire the best talent to join our team. We are VC-funded and lead by experienced professionals . We work hard, but keep level heads. Our office is right in the heart of downtown Northampton, just a 3 minute walk from the bus stop. We will also entertain candidates from the Boston area and beyond, depending on the position.
Here are our current openings:
- Senior DevOps Engineer
- Field Integration Technician
- Senior Sales Executive
- Business Development Representative
Senior DevOps Engineer
We are looking for an experienced DevOps engineer to work on our team to lead the overall design and implementation of our AWS infrastructure and services.
The role involves:
- Being the resident AWS Security expert
- Designing and building services to provision and maintain fleet of edge devices used for machine data collection
- Owning and supporting AWS infrastructure and tools
- Developing the tools that help developers get their job done
- Reviewing and instrumenting systems and services to ensure security best practices and overall system efficiency
- A battle-tested industry veteran, sporting scars from being burned in the past
- Interested in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise
- Located in - or willing to relocate to - Boston or Northampton, MA
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Senior DevOps" in the subject line.
Field Integration Technician
We are seeking an individual who excels at working independently and responsibly with a strong ability to troubleshoot. The ideal candidate will be personable with customers. There is significant opportunity in this position to rapidly gain experience and guide the development of the Integration department. Salary will increase as responsibility and performance increase.
- Setting up the customer’s server
- Setting up IP Addresses and other network setup tasks.
- Setting up any other needed hardware onsite
- Reading schematics and wiring diagrams
- Interfacing with machine tool technicians
- PLC programming experience
- Interfacing machine control circuitry with data monitoring equipment
- Professional customer and supplier communication
- Journeyman Electrician’s license
- IT and Networking background
- Electrical Engineering background
- Familiarity with LOTO procedures
A Typical Install (this can take up to a week):
- Fly to customer’s location, rent a car, and travel to factory
- Meet with the customer and discuss plans, expectations for the integration, plant rules, etc.
- Review server installation and networking
- Connect communication hardware to machine tools, reference electrical schematics, troubleshoot circuits, and configure machines for communication
- Configure tablets and TV’s to display our software
This position requires a significant (90%) amount of travel to various locations, often with short notice. Candidates will only be considered if they possess a valid driver’s license, passport, and are able to travel without restriction. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Integration Tech” in the subject line.
Senior Sales Executive
The Senior Sales Executive will sell consultatively to meet annual sales targets and objectives, supported by a nimble Marketing department and well-versed Customer Success group.
- Prospecting and reaching out to new prospective customers, understand their pain points, and assess their readiness to buy
- Respond to inbound Sales Qualified Leads (SQLs) generated from our marketing team
- Expertly demonstrate the products
- Organize and communicate the details of customer orders internally, preparing quotes and contracts
- Actively use and update the Sales CRM
- Attend trade shows
- Manufacturing sales experience (technology preferred) is required
- Ideal candidate has 5+ years industry experience
- Possess strong, professional communication and presentation skills
- This motivated individual should have experience with Google Suite and Hubspot
- This position requires occasional travel.
A valid driver’s license is required. Must be legally authorized to work in the US. Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Sr Sales Exec" in the subject line.
Business Development Representative
MachineMetrics is looking for a Business Development Representative to seek new business opportunities by contacting and developing relationships with potential customers. This is an entry-level position perfect for someone early in their sales career who is hungry, ambitious, intelligent, and high energy.
To be successful in this role, you will use your communication skills to cultivate strong relationships with prospects and to assist Account Executives with closing business. If you are motivated and results-driven, and enjoy working in a team environment, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you will boost sales and contribute to our long-term business growth.
- Research and prequalify new manufacturers to build your pipeline
- Identify decision-makers and key influencers to speak with
- Call prospects to engage in conversations designed to discover sales opportunities and describe the MachineMetrics value proposition
- Gain commitments to attend a brief web-based product demo/meeting or another call to action
- Work closely and collaboratively with Account Executives to target key contacts at strategic accounts
- Achieve or exceed monthly individual and team goals
- Diligently log all activity into Hubspot, our CRM Platform
- 0-5yrs of professional sales experience
- Some experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- A technology enthusiast, able to learn any modern software system including the Google Suite, Hubspot.
- Understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
- BS degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Communication or relevant field
- Occasional travel, must have a valid US Driver’s License
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line "BDR."