In order to provide you with use of our Products, we may gather and process some or all of the following information:
- Content: any information that is collected from or stored by you when you use our Products, other than Registration Information, Customer Service Communications or Product Generated Data.
- Registration Information: any information provided when voluntarily registering for use of our Products, including, but not limited to, username and password and email address.
- Customer Service Communications: any information that is reported to us about the operation of our Products, including bug reports or requests for enhancements.
- Product Generated Data: When you use some Products, or equipment which is connected to our Products, our servers automatically record information that the Product sends. These server logs may include information such as your use of the Product (or the machines which interface with a Product), Internet Protocol address, other addressing information, the date and time of your use and an authentication token used to validate the identity of you and your device. In general, Product Generated Data does not include specific information provided by an individual, but only reflects the use by an individual operator of a piece of equipment relating to the operation of that equipment.
How we collect information
USE OF COLLECTED INFORMATION
- We collect information you provide to us when you request or purchase products, services, or information from us, register with us (including when you link your profile on a third-party site or platform with your registration account), participate in public forums or other activities on our sites and applications, or otherwise interact with us online or offline.
- We collect information through a variety of technologies, such as cookies, Flash cookies, pixels, tags, software development kits, application program interfaces, and Web beacons, including when you visit our sites and applications or use our applications on third-party sites or platforms using one or more devices, whether or not you are logged in or registered.
- We collect information using analytics tools, including when you visit our sites and applications
- We acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the information you provided or we collected automatically, such as when we validate postal address information using third party services. Applicable law may require that you authorize the third party to share your information with us before we can acquire it.
We ask for Registration Information in order to verify your identity and to enable your use of our Products. For services for which we charge individuals, we use third party banking organizations and other providers of payment services to bill you, and in that case we will, therefore, provide this billing provider with the necessary billing data. We respect the privacy of personal e-mail accounts and we will store your e-mail addresses just as securely as other Personal Information. We will not send you unwanted e-mail messages or junk mail, and your details will not be passed to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit permission. However, we will use e-mail to send you messages about faults and service issues. We may also use e-mail to keep you up to date with news about MachineMetrics. If you do not want to be kept informed in this way by e-mail, please contact us at email@example.com. Further, we reserve the right to use e-mail to notify you of any eventual claims related to your use of our Products, including without limitation claims of violation of third party rights.
In general, we will not review or provide third parties access to Content. However, if required by law, we reserve the right to pre-screen, review, flag, filter, modify, refuse or remove any or all of Content from our Products.
Information which is voluntarily submitted in feedback is used for the purposes of reviewing this feedback and improving our Products. We reserve the right to utilize anonymous information for marketing purposes, for instance by displaying selected comments on our Products or in other communications. Further, we may from time to time ask you to provide information on your experiences which will be used to measure and improve quality. You are at no time in any obligation to provide any of such data. We will never use any personally identifiable (feedback) information without your explicit permission thereto.
- Customer Service Communications
We will use this information to operate our Products, evaluate and analyze and behavioral patterns of equipment connected to our Products, and improve the functionality and usefulness of our Products.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take appropriate organizational and technical measures to protect the data provided to us or collected by us, and do not retain it any longer than permitted in order to operate our Products or as required under relevant legislation, with due observance of the applicable obligations and exceptions under the relevant legislation. You should be aware that internet communications are not always secure. Although we do take what we consider appropriate steps to protect your data, protection of information available over the internet is subject to attack from third parties, and accordingly we cannot promise you that third parties cannot access Content.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We follow commercially accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us or otherwise collected by us, both during transmission and once we receive it. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Personal Information, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure and we cannot guarantee its absolute security. In the event of an inadvertent disclosure of Personal Information we will take all commercially reasonable steps to limit and remedy the disclosure as required by the applicable law. If individuals have any questions about security regarding our Service, they can contact us at email@example.com.
COMMUNICATIONS WITH YOU; RIGHT OF OPT-OUT, ACCESS AND CORRECTION
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers who are California residents and who have provided the Company with “personal information” (as that term is defined in Section 1798.83) to request certain information about the disclosure of that information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident with questions regarding this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PRIVACY AND THIRD-PARTY LINKS
Our Products are not directed to person under the age of 18. If you become aware that a child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at email@example.com. We do not knowingly collect or solicit information concerning persons under 18 years old. If we become aware that a person under 18 has provided us with Personal Information, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the person’s account.
EFFECTIVE DATE; POLICY CHANGES
EEA Resident Rights
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, you have the following data protection rights:
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right to keep any information in our archives that we deem necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us: email@example.com.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the "unsubscribe" or "opt-out" link in the marketing emails we send you. Registered users can manage their account settings and email marketing preferences as described in the "Choices Regarding Your Personal Information" section below. If you are an unregistered user, or to opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), you may email us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.